David Truman – Private Client Partner
We have a dedicated team of specialists who deal with all levels of barristers from those starting out in pupillage to QC’s and judges.
The difficulties in dealing with the intricate tax rules applying to barristers, mean that it is essential to get specialist advice in connection with your tax affairs.
Barrister Accountancy Service: Tax Advice
- We can help you get your tax right, from the start and help you keep on top of your affairs.
- We can assist with the preparation of your income and expenditure statement and provide you with guidance on keeping your records in the most efficient way.
- Our expert team can provide you with advice regarding your personal tax position and VAT matters.
- If you have been a bit lax in submitting your tax returns, we have dealt with many cases of bringing people up-to-speed, submitting several years’ worth of tax returns at once and arranging settlements with HMRC.
- Our specialist payroll department can look after the PAYE obligations for your chambers or domestic staff.
- As a self-employed person, you are likely to be approached by HMRC at some stage, to enquire into your tax return. We can help you throughout the process and deal with them directly on your behalf.
- Support and advice with HMRC’s Making Tax Digital initiative.
In addition, we can do more than just help you with your compliance obligations. We can also provide advice on any aspect of your affairs, from your inheritance tax exposure, through to wealth planning and investments, in conjunction with Menzies Wealth Management.
How to set up as a self-employed Barrister
Please contact a member of the Private Client team to arrange a no-obligation initial consultation or to speak to a partner or for more information about the barrister accountancy service and tax advisory we offer please contact one of the Menzies LLP offices or complete our online contact form.