Peter Noyce –
Legal services specialist
We have a dedicated barrister accountancy specialists who deal with all levels of the legal sector including barristers, those starting out in pupillage to QC’s and judges.
The difficulties in dealing with the intricate tax rules applying to barristers, mean that it is essential to get specialist advice in connection with your tax affairs.
Barrister accountancy and legal service advice
- We can help you get your tax right, from the start and help you keep on top of your affairs.
- We can assist with the preparation of your income and expenditure statement and provide you with guidance on keeping your records in the most efficient way.
- Our expert team can provide you with advice regarding your personal tax position and VAT matters.
- If you have been a bit lax in submitting your tax returns, we have dealt with many cases of bringing people up-to-speed, submitting several years’ worth of tax returns at once and arranging settlements with HMRC.
- Our specialist payroll department can look after the PAYE obligations for your chambers or domestic staff.
- As a self-employed person, you are likely to be approached by HMRC at some stage, to enquire into your tax return. We can help you throughout the process and deal with them directly on your behalf.
Strategic advice for legal practices
Our team can cover off all compliance requirements for legal practices but it is our strategic advice focusing on profit improvement and ensuring that each firm is managing all aspects of their practice efficiently that drives us.
Working with the practice leaders on all areas of their business and drilling down into department performance will result in a successful practice, meeting short- and long-term aspirations, using our expertise in this legal sector.
Can incremental productivity gains deliver lasting value?
Most people already know that UK productivity is not as strong as it should be, but do you understand why it matters and what you can do about it?
In our latests business services insights report, we explore why and how business owners can boost productivity within their own operations.
Everyone Wants ‘More for More’
The customer mantra ‘we want more for less’ seems to crop up with remarkable regularity when discussing budgets and plans for the year ahead.
Instead of giving into such cost pressures, however, most forward-looking business services firms realise that the key to growth is convincing customers that they are worth ‘more for more’ – but how should they go about it?
Useful Legal Sector Links
Menzies Business Services Sector Advice
We advise lawyers, barristers, accountants, marketing, advertising and recruitment practices, as well as sector-dependent clients. We work closely to find solutions to industry issues, utilising our expertise in everything from business strategy and corporate finance, to audit and tax advice.