Nick Farmer – International Tax Specialist
Setting up in the UK might be your first venture outside the US, or the next step in a wider expansion plan. Wherever you are on your journey, we’re here to help you in the UK.
Where to turn first?
Knowing where to turn first can often be confusing. A new market with new opportunities, but with new rules and regulations, can seem exciting and daunting all at the same time. There’s a lot to take in, and how do you cut through all the noise to understand exactly what it means for you?
Having supported many US companies to successfully set up and conduct business in the UK, we understand how best to support you. Our approach is based on practical hand-on experience and has evolved to mirror the specific needs of US based investors.
Inward investment: a guide to trading in the UK
As a first step you may find it useful to take a look at our guide, as well as our essential checklist, for setting up in the UK.
Whether you’re yet to set up a business in the UK or already begun the process, please do get in touch with Nick Farmer as we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your business requirements and exactly how we can help you in the UK.
What can we offer you?
We can take you step by step through the process of setting up and trading in the UK, including:
- No obligations initial discussion to give you valuable insights and suggestions
- Essential business support services: tax, legal, accounting, HR and payroll
- Fixed price quotations for set up and on-going services
- Highly responsive account managers familiar in dealing with US investors
- Access to in-depth technical and sector focused teams
- Local market expertise and introductions to other service providers
- Central London location and offices near Heathrow and Gatwick airports
- International connectivity through membership of HLB International
“US companies rely on us to be their eyes and ear on the ground and help them successfully set up and do business in the UK.”Nick Farmer – Menzies Partner
An international accounting network – Menzies and HLB
The strength of an international network is important, but it cannot be too rigid. You also need the flexibility and responsiveness that independent advisors can provide.
That is where our membership of HLB International can help. Ranked in the top 12 international accounting networks, this fast-growing, dynamic network of worldwide accounting firms and business advisors, services clients through its member firms in over 130 countries.
As the largest HLB member firm in the UK, we offer a comprehensive range of services – for both companies and individuals.