Ed Hussey – People Solutions Director
Get dedicated employment dispute insurance
Employers run the risk of costly tribunal claims made against them. Through our friends at Custodian Insurance, we can provide the peace of mind of knowing you are protected by industry-leading insurance cover, supported by reliable professionals and a blue-chip A-rated insurer.
Custodian looks to resolve claims, not avoid them.
- If you follow our professional HR advice, there is no excess applied in the event of a claim.
- Even if you don’t follow our advice, you may still be covered!
- Unlike many other policies on the market, all claims are responded to, not just those which promise an ‘easy win’ for the insurers.
How we help protect you
We can protect you from claims by existing, past and potential employees concerning:
- Wrongful dismissal
- Termination of employment (either actual or constructive)
- Employment related misrepresentation
- Unfair dismissal
- Unequal pay
- Unlawful deduction of wages
- Discrimination on the grounds of sex, pregnancy, disability, age, race, religion
- Sexual or other harassment or employment related humiliation
- Invasion of privacy
- Wrongful discipline
- Failure to adopt adequate employment or workplace policies
- Wrongful deprivation of any career opportunity
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Our EAP provides proactive, practical information and emotional support to help you and your employees to manage and reduce the impact of all of life’s events, both at home and at work. It is provided by our colleagues at Workplace Wellness, a leading provider of EAP services.
The service is available 24/7 and is completely free and confidential to employees. A specially trained, legal and information team can help to resolve issues around debt, legal concerns, consumer and care etc. whilst counsellors are on hand to manage any emotional concerns.
A fully case managed network of over 1000 fully BACP accredited counsellors and therapists deliver session-based support, usually within a maximum of 15 miles of home or work and within 5 working days from initial assessment.
- 24/7/365 access to telephone counsellors
- Post-trauma critical incident support
- Legal, debt and practical life management helpline
- Online self-help EAP portal
- Day 1 intervention for stress – manager referral
- Structured counselling: by telephone, face to face or online
- Guided Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Telephonic career coaching
- Monthly well-being newsletters
Contact Menzies People Solutions team
For more information or guidance on dealing with these common HR issues or to discuss more complex situations, contact Menzies People Solutions team.