Online Accounting Systems Made Simple
Menzies experienced Systems Advisory Team offer a range of services from software healthchecks through to designing and implementing your new digital business system and training your staff.
We are experts in cloud accounting solutions but go much further too, advising on software and processes for other parts of your business ensuring it all links together beautifully.
We can revolutionise your business bringing you right up to date with all the latest software and can save you significant time and costs too. We provide the tools to enable you and your staff to access the financial systems and work remotely as and when required.
Our innovative team spend time getting to know you and your business and have years of experience from a wide range of industries and bring that all together to design the ideal package for you.
You will see instant results and your team will be empowered by the changes and improvements to the daily routine.
Contact us to see how we can help you. We are always happy to talk about what we can do so get in touch to arrange a free call and systems proposal.
why you need Cloud Accounting:
- Scalable and flexible solutions
- Cost effective
- Remote working and access
- Direct Bank feeds for transactions to flow automatically daily
- Real time information for decision making
- Automation for reduction in duplication and human error
- Efficient workflows and processes
- Increased visibility of financial data and reporting for Directors & other users
- Cashflow reporting in real time
- Paperless accounting with invoices and receipts attached to transactions
- Full audit trail and history
- Available add-ons for many areas of your business and bespoke reporting
Here’s What We Can Do:
(Click on the below heading to find out more)
– Health Check – Best Use Of Your Cloud Software ▼
We review and report on various areas including
- Is the software being used to its full potential?
- Are you using all the latest features and updates?
- Quality, accuracy and consistency of data
- Automating and streamlining processes as much as possible
- Quality and relevance of current reporting
- Best practice guidance
- Suggested improvements
– Systems & Processes Reviews – Wider Business Systems, Flow Of Information and Reporting ▼
A more in depth and bespoke review of current systems and processes that typically includes:
- Spending time with you and your staff looking in detail at many areas of the business with a pre-agreed scope and specific objectives
- Following transactions through the system gaining a thorough understanding of the current processes and identifying areas of weakness
- Reviewing approval process procedures
- Identifying where time is being absorbed
- Identifying strengths, frustrations and areas for improvement
- A report to summarise findings and recommendations
- Providing options of suitable cloud-based systems along with practical suggestions
Our findings and recommendations are presented to you for discussion with a plan of action for implementation.
– Design & Implementation ▼
Drawing on years of experience our experts will design a cloud-based system to meet your needs.
They take inspiration from all sorts of industries and the latest software knowledge to arrive at a solution that will deliver your needs.
We provide implementation and testing of the new system so that it all links together beautifully for you.
You or your finance team can then take it on and operate the business efficiently and effectively straight away.
Alternatively, if you are looking to reduce the admin burden then our Outsourcing team can be on hand to pick up any bookkeeping, VAT compliance and reporting for you.
– Conversions – Desktop Software To New Brighter Solutions ▼
Out with the old and in with the new.
We take all the important information from your existing accounting system and set up your new shiny cloud accounting solution.
We set everything up and link in other apps and software for you so you are ready to go.
A typical conversion includes:
- Opening position, all checked, reconciled and ready to go
- Tailoring settings based on best practice
- Users and access levels
- Sales invoice templates and automated messaging
- Purchase ledger management tools for a paperless system
- Linking other software and bank feeds
- Enhanced reporting using bespoke packs, tracking categories and key performance indicators
– Training, Support and Handover ▼
We put a lot of emphasis on a good handover, the more involved we are at the initial stages the more likely it is the systems will be taken on and operated as designed right from the start.
The team can provide personalised training on new and existing software specific to user responsibility.
It may be day to day operation or high level running of reports and drilling down into data with sessions broken down into specific user requirements.
Training can be carried out in person or via online screen sharing to suit your team.
Once trained up we can remain on hand for phone and email support for the various software and accounting treatment.
– Advisory – Apps and Accounting ▼
The Systems Team keep up to date with all the latest product updates and launches.
Many of which are industry specific so they will recommend software that is designed specifically for your area of business.
They use their knowledge to guide you and your finance team with recommendations keeping the systems as efficient and futureproof as possible.
If there is a brighter way of doing something or providing more value they will be looking for it for you. This includes
- New products
- Enhanced features and capabilities
- Industry specific apps
- Improved reporting
Here’s How We Can Do It
|Understanding||Design & Implement||Onboarding & Handover||Continuous Improvement|
|We start with you and your team, spending time understanding your business, your objectives and your pain points and keeping that at the forefront of what we do. We challenge current arrangements and processes looking for opportunities to increase efficiency, enhance management information and user experience.||We design tailored systems, simple or complex, using various apps to provide functionality and efficient flow of information for your business. Your objectives are key to everything we do throughout the design phase, this could be scalability and growth, detailed reporting, maximise automation or whatever is important to you. We can put everything in place for you once the solution is agreed upon.||Whether it is handing over the new system to your staff or to our Outsourcing Team we will be there along the way to impart knowledge. We have designed the system, so we remain involved to make sure it is operated exactly as planned and the transition is as painless and efficient as possible. We’ll keep checking in to make sure its giving you everything you need and expect.||The technology is constantly changing so if there is something better for you or more efficient we will recommend it. We keep abreast of new features and how they can work practically for our clients. We work very closely with our Outsourcing Team providing internal training, product updates and communication of new solutions to assist with continuous improvement to your business and our service.|
Introducing Xero Online Accounting Systems
Xero is online accounting software that enables small businesses to work in real time with everybody involved in their business, including their accountant or bookkeeper. There’s no software to install and it’s no hassle to set up. Xero makes doing business better by connecting the right people with the right information, anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
Xero Platinum Champion Partner – Unrivalled Access
As a Xero Platinum Champion partner, we are here to support you every step of the way. From finding your perfect balance of apps through to training, set-up and integration, our #BrighterThinking team have you covered.