What should I do first if I am thinking of starting a business in the UK?
Take proper professional advice from a firm that is able to:
- Advise and assist on all of the matters you need to address in order to establish and manage your business in the UK.
- Assist in the creation of systems and processes to control the business and provide timely management information.
- Whether you will be selling goods and/or services to UK companies and individuals.
- UK legal and regulatory requirements.
- The tax implications for your intended business.
- The short, medium and long term plans for the business including the ultimate exit strategy
- Limited company (private or public)
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- UK branch office
- Sole trader
What factors influence the decision on the type of structure to use?
Choosing the right structure is dependent upon your circumstances and intentions. You need to consider:
What forms of structure can be used?