I am a Partner in our Solent office, and I have spent the last nine years working with privately managed businesses in a variety of industries.
As part of Menzies Outsourcing team, I work closely with a small number of key clients, with the aim of helping them increase profitability and reduce risk in their business. The services delivered as part of the FD Service typically include:
- Driving controls/processes and implementing best practice.
- Assisting with commercial issues and advising accordingly.
- Identifying and acting on tax planning opportunities.
- Being a sounding board and independent advisor to the board of directors/owner.
- Attending management/board meetings.
- Overseeing the production of accurate monthly management information, develop KPI’s and tracking.
- Assist with preparation of on-going forecasts updating as required.
- Maintaining relationships with external stakeholders (banks, solicitors etc.)
My most embarrassing work moment
A colleague thought it would be funny to put my desk phone inside a shoe and replace this on the receiver. I took a call and answered my shoe with a ‘Hello, Menzies’ without even realising!