Running a successful architecture business is a challenge. From winning new work, to battling developers who value cheaper construction over high-quality design, there are numerous obstacles which need to be overcome for architects to meet their goals. The demand for interesting designs in increasingly challenging sites and staying abreast with the latest technological advancements requires considerable time and effort. It often means that there is insufficient capacity to focus on the financial side of the business as much as is required.
At Menzies, we support architects to enable them to focus on their areas of specialism, with the confidence that they have a partner on the financial side. We work with small start-ups through to some of the leading firms in the AJ100; challenging their assumptions with our hands-on approach, to help improve business performance, minimise risk and increase stakeholder value.
As well as handling all your compliance needs through our accounts, audit and tax expertise, our experience of working with architects means we are well placed to assist with the following:
- Ensuring your business is structured in a way which works with your objectives, mitigating risk whilst helping to achieve optimal outputs.
- Assisting with research and development claims and providing advice on how these can be maximised based on your activities.
- Work-in-progress and cash flow management enabling you to have accurate financial information from which to make better business decisions and ensuring cash is available for the needs of the business.
- International expansion or the use of expertise in other jurisdictions which can support your business in the UK.
- Retaining key staff who are key to the business and its future.
- Effective remuneration and profit extraction strategies which work within the needs of the business and the key individuals who run it.
- Succession strategy, from retirement planning through to potential sales.
Other services available:
- Outsourced bookkeeping
- HR and employment assistance