David Truman – Private Client Partner
Having supported you throughout your working life and then into your retirement, we are also experienced in dealing with and providing probate advice and estates advice.
As the trusted advisor, we aim to support your family and beneficiaries through this difficult time. We have specially qualified partners and staff who can assist with a wide range of services.
We will commit to providing a competitive service and to keep you informed throughout the process. We also have partners who are able to act as Executors and Trustees, if required, along with members of your family.
We feel that we are best placed to provide probate services, having worked with you throughout your life to create a plan for your wealth. As accountants, we believe that we are best suited to the provision of probate services, as we specialise in accounting, taxation and administration. We also have a number of STEP qualified members within our team.
“My expectations were exceeded at all stages of the process with Menzies. I was kept well informed at all times and advised on the best course to take. What I liked the most was their friendly yet professional attitude.”Mrs J. Williams
Menzies LLP is licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to carry out the reserved legal activity of non-contentious probate in England and Wales.
Menzies probate advice accreditation reference number is C001840915.
Probate Advice, estates planning and administration services
Our specialist team can deal with all aspects of Probate and Estates Administration including:
- Preparation of tax returns for the year of death.
- Identification of the assets and liabilities of the deceased for inclusion in the Probate submissions.
- Preparation of Inheritance Tax accounts for submission to HMRC.
- Prepare the tax returns for the Estate and deal with the income tax and capital gains tax payable.
- Gather in the assets and settle the creditors and Inheritance Tax liabilities.
- Work with a solicitor to obtain the probate on your behalf.
- Deal with the distribution of the Estate in accordance with the Will.
- Provide Estate accounts in an easy to understand format.
- Provide updates throughout the process to keep family informed on the progress.
- Provide advice on future planning or rearrangements where necessary.
Award winning personal finance advisors
Contact Menzies to discuss your probate and estates queries
To speak to a partner or for more information about our probate and estates services, please contact one of the Menzies specialists or complete our contact from below.