VAT rules are complex and the implications are often not considered until too late. We believe that VAT planning requires in-depth specialist knowledge, as even the most conscientious can get caught out, which can be costly.
VAT advisory services
Our dedicated VAT team will help you to consider the full impact of VAT through all stages of your business, from considering a new activity, through to acquisitions, overseas expansion and disposal of part of the business.
We will help you to plan robustly, minimise your exposure and optimise your cash flow position. Our specialist services include:
- Planning to identify correct VAT treatment of activities.
- Identifying areas of risk through compliance health check.
- Negotiating with HMRC in disputes to reduce liabilities and agree payment terms.
- Assisting with inspections, registrations and address reporting requirements.
- Liaising with legal advisors in respect of property transactions.
Customs and Excise Duty
Trading overseas can be overwhelming and complex. To help businesses to reduce their risks, our team of advisers can provide support, not only with VAT compliance, but also meeting their Customs’ requirements.
As a member of HLB International, Menzies has access to a global network of firms and is able to provide local VAT and Duty information from around the globe.
Please contact a member of our team to arrange a no obligation initial consultation or to speak to a partner or for more information about the services we offer please contact one of the Menzies LLP offices or complete our online contact form.