Most business owners rely on their accountant as a sounding board and source of advice, but sometimes that is not enough. An experienced FD will help you make better-informed decisions, drive efficiency and increase responsibility and accountability in the business. All of which, gives you greater confidence in your finance function and lets you develop a long-term strategy to drive profitability and business value.
If you are not quite ready to recruit a full-time finance director, our FD service will fill the gap. We provide commercial and operational support for companies that need the expertise of an FD, but not yet full-time. You will have a complete monitoring and support service, drawing on our team’s considerable experience dealing with small and medium size businesses.
Our core FD Advisory Services
Want greater control and confidence from your finance function? All our FDs are qualified chartered accountants who have extensive skills in accountancy, taxation and most importantly, business advisory services. Our FD solutions service is designed to complement your existing management structure and can typically include:
- Overseeing production of accurate monthly management accounts.
- Establishing and overseeing KPIs and reporting to management.
- Advising on cash flow management and seeking additional finance.
- Maintaining relationships with banks.
- Assisting with the preparation of fully integrated budgets, to include profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Advising on current and future strategy to include structure, commercial risk factors and identify tax-planning opportunities.
- Attendance at board or management meetings as required.
“Menzies FD and People Solutions teams delivered leadership development for us. As part of this we found the full day’s workshop with Menzies engaging and useful for all the team, essentially resulting in an agreed and constructive action plan that will help deliver our 3-5 year business plan. Menzies asked pointed questions and challenged us on our responses, prompting honest feedback and cementing future actions.
Your invaluable insights have now set us on the right track for our business and we look forward to continuing to benefit from your expertise.”
Going beyond the Financial Director remit
Our Brighter Thinking approach to SME businesses means we’re able to look beyond the numbers and deliver tangible value right your business which can include:
- A review of the business functions, making recommendations for improvements and optimisation.
- A key business process analysis to Identify, correct and control weaknesses.
- The ability to constructively challenge the status quo, influence Senior Leadership team.
- Members and act as a sounding board for financial and commercial advice.
- Reports that are designed to monitor management information and key performance indicators.
- High quality reporting to ensure the board have the best data to make informed decisions.
- Prepared and stress tested business plans and financial forecasts to ensure your business is prepared for any scenario.
- Advice on company cash flow planning, working capital cycles and assistance with business financing.
- Invaluable SME and sector experience to your business.
- The ability to maintain and manage key relationships with any external advisor.
If more specialised advice is needed, you can always draw on all the expertise of the wider Menzies organisation. Our FD service is designed around your needs. Visits are typically weekly, fortnightly or monthly, with additional contact when needed.
For more about how our FD solutions and advisory services could help your business, we would be delighted to meet you, free of charge speak to a partner or for more information or contact one of the Menzies LLP offices via our online contact form.
PWright@menzies.co.uk // +44 (0)1489 566732