The UK remains one of the most attractive destinations for overseas companies looking to access the European market.
Advantages typically include simple set-up, common language, flexible employment laws, readily-accessible work force, low corporation tax rates, as well as the most comprehensive set of tax treaties across the globe.
This means when you trade between the UK and other countries internationally, the tax position can typically be determined by reference to an established treaty.
With offices based in central London, Heathrow and across the South East – Menzies are ideally situated to support you.
Setting up a business in the UK Checklist
Whilst every situation is unique, our experience has led us to create a simple checklist that outlines the key areas business owners should be covering when setting up a business in the UK including:
- UK entity formation.
- Opening bank accounts.
- Insurance considerations regarding employing staff and trading.
- Employing staff, preparing handbooks and employment contracts.
- International taxation advice, including cross-border trading and transfer pricing.
- Corporate tax compliance.
- Tax planning and compliance relating to individuals seconded to the UK.
- VAT and PAYE registration.
- Outsourced accounting and full back-office administration services.
- Operation of payroll services.
- VAT and Intrastat compliance.
- Preparing statutory financial statements and audit.
- Pension advice and consideration of employee benefits.
Hear what our clients have to say
“Menzies have been an incredible partner for us as we’ve moved from the US into the UK. They’ve helped us navigate a new business climate, displaying exceptional local expertise, while also responding quickly and pragmatically to the growing requirements of a tech company. By plugging us into their network of contacts, our entry has been significantly easier than it would have been without them.”
Wiredscore UK Limited
If you are seeking to expand into the UK, please contact Menzies Partner Andrew Mosby and we would be delighted to help you with your UK business expansion venture.
Contact Menzies International team
To speak to a partner or for more information about the services we offer please contact one of the Menzies LLP offices or complete the contact form below.