Global mobility is increasingly a key feature in driving business success. The need to maintain business performance and generate growth means exploring new markets.
International assignments hold a key role, whether by establishing footholds in strategic markets or providing international experience for future leaders.
If you want the best from your people, then appropriate consideration of their remuneration packages and taxation is a necessity, if they are relocating to work in another jurisdiction.
Cross-border operations also provide additional complexity, as there will be additional legal and compliance requirements to consider.
Expat Services Senior Manager
+44 (0)1483 758945
Expatriate services and advice
Our Expat specialists work closely with our Private Client, International and Employer solutions teams to ensure that the needs of your business and your employees are met. Our specialist service disciplines include:
- Remuneration planning to develop and implement assignment policies and tax equalisation policies.
- Assignment planning to develop an appropriate tax planning strategy to assist with cost control.
- Pre-arrival and departure planning with employees.
- Consideration of residence and domicile issues.
- Preparation of tax returns for employees.
- Provision of UK payroll services.
- ‘Hypo tax’ and tax equalisation calculations.
- Advising private clients who are moving to/from the UK for reasons other than employment.
- Double tax relief claims.
- Social security planning and advice.
- Pension advice.
We are also able to refer you to:
- Immigration specialists to assist with entitlement to work in the UK.
- Relocation specialists to facilitate the move to the UK for employees and their families.
To speak to a partner or for more information about the services we offer please contact one of the Menzies LLP offices or complete our online contact form.