Creative sector tax reliefs are an initiative to help support the technological innovation and growth of businesses in order to maintain the UK’s position as a leader in the creative industry.
As one of the the UK’s growing suite of special company tax reliefs, creative industry tax relief have been likened to the Research & Development (R&D) tax relief scheme, both in terms of opportunity and value to a business.
When can I claim creative industry tax reliefs?
Making a creative industry tax relief claim can be a complex process to undertake, but begins by assessing whether you liable to Corporation Tax and identifying if you directly involved in the production and development of:
- certain films
- high-end and children’s television programmes
- animation programmes
- video games
- theatrical productions
- orchestral concerts
- museum or gallery exhibitions.
Creative industry tax relief advisory
Menzies’ specialist Creative Sector Team works in partnership with clients and other professionals to provide a commercially relevant and effective tax planning service, from concept development through to collating and presenting claims in a format to expedite the Theatre Tax Relief claims process.
– Navigating you through the claims process from recording, reporting and final submission.
– Applying specialist knowledge of the creative tax regime to help you identify qualifying productions.
– Considering other relevant or complementary tax reliefs that may apply.
– Identifying, and improving methods for identifying, core expenditure to maximise effectiveness of the reliefs.
– Presenting information to minimise exposure to challenges from HMRC.
Corporate tax advice
Our award-winning tax team understand that innovative and strategic tax planning advice needs to take these factors into account if it’s to provide a real commercial advantage, add value to your business and contribute to its success.
One size does not fit all.
CORPORATE TAX SUPPORT SERVICES
Our service is built around getting to know you, and understanding your business and aspirations. Only then can we provide a fully integrated tax service that really works for you.
From start-ups to multi-nationals, our dedicated corporate and international tax team has the technical expertise to advise on a wide range of business tax matters. Through blending our tax knowledge with your commercial reality, we will help you make informed strategic decisions that improve the bottom line.