We are delighted to invite you to the upcoming Brighter Thinking Accountants Club seminar, which is part of a series of CPD breakfast seminars that will address a range of topics affecting accounting experts and their clients.
This session on 13 June will feature two specialist subjects: Hot topics in VAT and R&D Tax relief – fact or fiction. Once again this complimentary seminar will be hosted at The Ivy in London and will contribute to the CPD requirements of the accountancy professional bodies.
Hot topics in VAT
- We will discuss recent and forthcoming changes in VAT, including:
- Reclaiming VAT on costs;
- Making Tax Digital;
- Major changes for VAT on construction services; and
- Trading with the EU post Brexit
R&D Tax relief – fact or fiction
- We will present the facts and aim to dispel any myths or preconceptions as to whom and what qualifies for R&D Tax relief
- Over 80% of SMEs do not claim for activities that they are entitled to – we will discuss the tell tale signs to help you identify the potential qualifying activities/expenditures
and how best to address them with your clients
- We will explore some success stories
These will be interactive sessions with the opportunity to put your questions to our experts around the room and engage with other attendees.
Thursday 13 June 2019
08:30 – Arrival and breakfast
09:00 – Hot topics in VAT
09:20 – R&D Tax relief – fact or fiction
09:40 – Optional networking
10:30 – Finish
The Loft Bar at The Club at The Ivy
9 West Street
We hope to see you soon for what promises to be an insightful seminar.